WORLD OF WARCRAFT

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Monday 15 June 2009

World of Warcraft - Power Leveling in Instances


As someone who enjoys every class in the game, but doesn't really have a ton of time to play, multi-boxing has been a godsend for me. While it is useful for any number of reasons, my favorite use is taking one of my higher level characters and using him to power level my lower level toons to 60. The XP per hour is amazing, and if you actually stop to loot, you'll rake in gold hand over fist.

I usually quest my characters to 20 so they can get in to Scarlet Monastery, doing one run each of Ragefire Chasm, Shadowfang Keep, and Wailing Caverns. Other people have reported that it is faster to just run RFC from 8-16, Deadmines from 16-20, and RFK from 20-25. Your mileage may vary. At level 20, start running Scarlet Monastery. Depending on your gear and class, different wings may yield better results. A friend of mine, using her quest-geared arcane mage to clear, found it best to alternate runs between Armory and Library to avoid hitting the instance cap. Her gear was insufficient to handle the mass pulls of Cathedral, even when she tried Frost spec. Another friend, using his Arms / Fury warrior, found running Cath and Library to be the best strategy. In mostly season 2 PVP gear, he had no problem clearing the Cath wing in 3 pulls. My rogue generally sticks to Cath and Lib, since I prefer to avoid the disarm happy mobs in the Armory.

After hitting 40, switch to Zul'Farrak. I generally just do a clear of the trash up to the Thousand Trolls event, then mount up and ride back to the start of the instance and reset. If you AoE clear, you may want to make a macro that targets the Healing Ward Totems and kills them, they're not much when you do 1 or 2 pulls at a time, but they add up when you've got 4 or 5 on the go. Aside from the totems, I have never run into any problems clearing ZF consistently.

At 50, make your way to BRD. I usually clear the large circular nexus at the the start, as well as the jail area. Keep going till level 56. This is where things get tricky. You can either go to LBRS, Scholo, or Strat. I'm a fan of Scholo, since the pulls are more manageable and a lot of the mobs are casters, which means you outright resist a lot of their damage. I usually am sick of running instances by the time my alt hits level 58 or 59, so I generally take them over to Outland and power quest them through Hellfire Peninsula, and from there it's pretty much cake.

Chris Koltai is an avid player of WoW, and a master of WoW Gold Secrets Using his

favorite gold secrets, he has managed to cut his time farming gold in half and has much more time to enjoy the game as a result. If you're looking to learn some WoW secrets, head on over to his site.





No comments:

Post a Comment